On Thursday, the kids played themselves out,
and adults set up the camp.
It was also prep time for dinner. What a fine West Coast feast it was!
When it was bedtime, not everyone wanted to go to sleep.
Friday it was off to the beach.
The dogs played while Little E got busy making us some mud pies.
We even found wildlife on the beach!
Unfotunately there was a wardrobe malfunction at the beach. 🙁
Back at camp there was some silliness, some snacks for dogs, and some napping.
All too soon the families had to pack up and go home!
It was a very fun weekend, but I didn’t relax as much as I have in past camping trips. Something about helping to tend to 3 dogs, 6 kids, and 9 adults that can be a lot of work. Enjoyable, but not necessarily relaxing. I look forward to doing it all again next year!
Other notes from the weekend:
– we could hear the Parksville fireworks from the campground, but couldn’t see any of them at all. we could also hear the crowd cheer after the finale
– some people drive way too fast in a campground that has lots of children.
– kids “sleeping” in tents still need supervision lest they find the makeup bag
– digger really does live up to his name
– every kid deserves a wagon. I think every single kid we went camping with enjoyed the little red wagon that K brought with her
All the pics I took are here. There are a lot of them too!