This long weekend was a lot of fun. A large group of our friends went camping to Rathtrevor in Parksville. Most of us arrived Wednesday evening, only to discover that a campfire ban was going into effect at midnight. At least we got one campfire in.
On Thursday, the kids played themselves out,
and adults set up the camp.
It was also prep time for dinner. What a fine West Coast feast it was!
When it was bedtime, not everyone wanted to go to sleep.
Friday it was off to the beach.
The dogs played while Little E got busy making us some mud pies.
We even found wildlife on the beach!
Unfotunately there was a wardrobe malfunction at the beach. 🙁
Back at camp there was some silliness, some snacks for dogs, and some napping.
All too soon the families had to pack up and go home!
It was a very fun weekend, but I didn’t relax as much as I have in past camping trips. Something about helping to tend to 3 dogs, 6 kids, and 9 adults that can be a lot of work. Enjoyable, but not necessarily relaxing. I look forward to doing it all again next year!
Other notes from the weekend:
– we could hear the Parksville fireworks from the campground, but couldn’t see any of them at all. we could also hear the crowd cheer after the finale
– some people drive way too fast in a campground that has lots of children.
– kids “sleeping” in tents still need supervision lest they find the makeup bag
– digger really does live up to his name
– every kid deserves a wagon. I think every single kid we went camping with enjoyed the little red wagon that K brought with her
All the pics I took are here. There are a lot of them too!