Last week we had a guest coming, and the downstairs toilet was having issues with running. I took the offending flapper piece to Home Depot, but they didn’t carry the part. In fact it was a design that the guy working there had never seen before.
In an effor to get the toilet up and running again I bought one of those internal replacement kits. With about an hour of work and a few choice words due to all the corroded and rotten parts being hard to take apart, I’m proud to say that I fixed the toilet! I’ve noted here before that I am not a handy sort of guy, and that I do want to learn some of this stuff, so small victories like this are good for my ego.